Fota Island Resort  

RSS

Sarah Slattery
(@sarah-slattery)
04/11/2018 7:39 pm  

This was our favourite Santa experience in Ireland - I would highly recommend it. I suggest staying in the hotel over night and visiting Fota Wildlife Park the next day to make it extra special.

Ans
 Ans
(@ans)
05/11/2018 1:15 am  

Trying to book an accommodation package in fota island but apparently you have to do it early on in the year. 

The santa we vistied last year was in Muckross in Killarney. It was magical. I would recommend that you book it when it gets dark as you get to see the light display. We booked  at 5 o clock. The experience starts with a horse & carriage ride to bring you a little closer to meet santa, there is loads to do before you meet  him. It is beautifully decorated.  There is a snow machine, we got fabulous photos there. We had cupcakes hot chocolate and teas & coffee while we waited to meet santa and chat with mrs claus. My children loved it. It would be hard to beat it. I don't  want to fo the same thing every year. I heard great things about fota island too. I would love to visit this year.

ReplyQuote
mango1
(@mango1)
05/11/2018 12:30 pm  

We visited Fota Island Resort last year and had the most magical time.  We booked a lodge which was amazing.  The Santa Experience was unbelievable.  Their attention to detail was second to none.  Prior to going you have to send some info about your kids etc and I couldn't believe that Santa did actually use this information.  Our kids came away truly believing that he had been watching them all year and it gave us adults a lump in our throat.  

I would highly recommend it and I would give anything to go back again.

ReplyQuote
SineadB
(@sineadb)
06/11/2018 3:17 pm  

Our first time to Fota to see Santa was our little boys first Christmas. That year he was oblivious in his buggy but we had a ball 😀 It's just so magical and enjoyed by mammies and daddies just as much as the children. He is now almost 5 and his younger brother is 2.5 and they are both so so excited about Christmas and we are soaking up the magic. The wonderland they create in Fota is hard to beat and the staff are super friendly and so enthuastic and make each child feel like they are special. We are already booked for this year, the minute the emails come out we book to avoid disappointment as it is the highlight of our Christmas build 

ReplyQuote
BK1
 BK1
(@bk1)
07/11/2018 9:20 am  

My partner our 2 children and I visited the Fota Beyond experience last year and had the most wonderful time. We booked our visit for an evening time to get the full “winter wonderland” experience and were not disappointed. Seeing the twinkling fairy lights and snow really got us in the festive mood. The elves were great in ensuing the visit ran smoothly and we never had to queue for very long. The little ones were star struck when the met the main man - Mr C who was full of enthusiasm. The children were presented with generous gifts. There was an option to have a photo taken (€10 I think) but there was no issue in using your own phone to capture the moment. Afterwards we met the reindeer and visited the snowy kingdom with the elves. We stayed for around an hour as we had a bit of a drive home after but we could easily have stayed longer. There is so much to do and see for both children and adults. We have promised the children that we will return this year to Fota and to combine it with a stay in the Fota Resort would be the icing on the cake! Merry Christmas everyone! 😊

ReplyQuote
fermanaghgirl18
(@fermanaghgirl18)
08/11/2018 9:48 am  

this is our first year looking at Santa experiences. I love Christmas so this is going to make it extra special now we can enjoy all the kiddie things too. love your tips and holiday suggestions thanks 

ReplyQuote
Cilladev
(@cilladev)
29/11/2018 8:23 am  

This place is amazing would highly recommend it so magical so friendly and warming towards all the kids so welcoming really great to get the spirit of Christmas going it's a most ❤️

ReplyQuote
Siobhanm
(@siobhanm)
30/11/2018 9:51 am  

Fota is definetly on our list of places to visit at Christmas, it must be amazing have only ever heard positive things about the experience!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register